Thursday 1 August 2013

My go to products for when time is tight...


One of my favourite things to do is have a long pamper session using and trying out  all of my products however sometimes life gets in the way and its hard to get that pampered feeling when you are rushing here there and everywhere!!

I have recently found myself reaching for five key products for when time is tight and they real have been my lifesavers over the last month or so. 

My key time saving products!
The first product is a recent product to my collection and is one that I can not stop raving about! Its the Vaseline Spray and Go and I picked this up the coco radiant version. This product claims to moisturise within seconds and I can say having used this no stop for the past week I could not agree more. This is a perfect product for when I have pressed the snooze alarm one to many times and have had to dash into the shower and run out the house. It sprays on in a fine mist and drys within seconds; leaving your skin feeling soft with no trace of greasiness. This is currently in boots and I picked this up for £4.99... I really would give this a try if you fancy something a bit different.

My second product has been a go too product for me for a number of years and that is the Batiste Dry Shampoo. This product can be applied quickly to the roots of your hair for added lift or for when you have not washed your hair for a couple of days. This is perfect when I am feeling a bit lazy and the blush scent gives a fresh subtle scent to the hair.

Next is a product I have been trying for the last couple of weeks and have really fallen for it. This is the L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream - Anti Redness. I suffer from hyper pigmentation and slight redness when I am having an off skin day and rather than pile on the make up if I am just popping out quickly this has been fantastic. This offers a great build able base but when in a rush gives you a even skin tone and slight glow. I must admit when I first saw this product I did think it might be a bit of a gimmick however having used it regularly now for the last 2 weeks I could not be without this on my bad skin days. 

I have had this next product for about a year but have found myself reaching for it more recently to have with my knotty hair :( This is a definite sign that I need a hair cut but till I can get to the hairdressers this Lee Stafford Detangling spray helps me brush my hair quickly and easily without any massive knots. The smell reminds me of holiday and doesn't leave product build up in my hair...perfect!

Finally this is a nail product that has not only been a time saver but a lifesaver when I have needed to redo the nails quickly. The Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Anti-Chip Top Coat is a purse friendly and super quick drying top coat which means there is no hanging about after painting my nails and I can get out the house and go or hope straight into bed without fear of smudging. The brush is nice and wide and covers my nails in one or two easy sweeps. 

What are your time saving products that you could not live without? Leave me a comment and let me know :)

xxMillieMagpiexx

30 comments:

  1. Ooo is the Sally Hansen thing good? I always end up with funny prints on my nails from going to bed thinking they're dry and lying on them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is exactly why i bought this product I always had funny lines on my nails when I painted them before bed....I would recommend the Sally Hansen it makes the whole nail painting process a lot quicker and it won't break the bank :)

      Delete
  2. this is such a useful list, i'll be using this in the future! also i love your blog, new foller :) it would mean a lot if you checked out mine!
    thinking-like-a-doll.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for having a read and following my blog... i will be sure to check yours out :)

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many great things about the Batiste Dry Shampoo. really want to try it.

    http://vivalafashiongirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it...such a bargain as well and they have a huge choice of scents now!

      Delete
  4. Hey there Millie!

    Your blog is so cute! You have a new follower! :P

    Batiste Dry Shampoo is good but I prefer the Girlz Only Party Girl Dry Shampoo from Tesco. It's so much cheaper (£1.50) and doesn't leave your hair white/grey at all like I find Batiste does a lot.

    Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is my ultimate time saver when I don't have time to do my face make up properly! Just whack it on and it's coverage is enough to last the day!

    The best tip I can give you with regards to nail painting is to stop buying the likes of Sally Hansen and O.P.I. when it comes to fast drying top coats. I have tried them all because I am such a perfectionist when it comes to nails and I hated it when I slightly smudged one or my hair got to it etc. You need to invest in a product called Seche Vite. It is the best top coat ever and I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be disappointed! It's supposed to be around £10 but Amazon have it on sale for just £5.75. Such a bargain! This is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seche-Vite-Professional-Coat-14ml/dp/B00150LT40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375482934&sr=8-1&keywords=seche+vite

    Hope you found my comments useful :P Check out my blog if you get time!

    L x
    ♥lucylovehart - ♥life♥beauty♥thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy!

      Thanks so much for the comment I love the tips you have given me!

      I must say I have heard great things about Seche Vite so I will make sure that is next on my list of things to try x

      Delete
    2. Hey again Millie,

      Really enjoying your blog so I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my blog post all about it by clicking here.

      L x
      ♥lucylovehart - ♥life♥beauty♥thoughts

      Delete
  5. Just came across this blog & I'm super happy I did. These products are very good. I absolutely love the Vaseline line (in general) I find all their products just work amazingly. You have definitely earned a new reader!

    xLeah Symonne x
    www.itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment Leah...I am currently working on a new post so make sure you check back for that in the next couple of days! x

      Delete
  6. I love that cc cream and the batiste - life saver ;)

    Sinead | sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for the comment and glad I have found another lover of the CC Cream.

      Delete
  7. That dry shampoo is a life saver when in a rush! Love the post!

    http://eleganmag.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I don't know what I would do without my dry shampoo!

      Delete
  8. Ooooh Batiste...I keep hearing good things about this dry shampoo! I'll have to try it out, thanks for the review!

    xo Rowan

    leftbrainedlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you manage to give it a try... was my life saver this morning when I snoozed the alarm bit too long :)

      Delete
  9. Great picks, I've been wanting to try out the Vaseline spray for ages, everyone has so many good things to say about it xxx
    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't seem to get the hang of dry shampoo. Maybe it's just my dark hair but it never removed enough oil and i end up looking like i have dandruff. :/

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have a an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karla... I have seen some dry shampoo specially for brunettes so that might be worth trying :)

      I will check out your blog now!

      Delete
  11. I've never tried dry shampoo, it could be a life saver on days where I wake up a bit late on a work day.

    Please come and check out my latest post if you get a chance :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen,

      Have seen your comment below saying you have tried dry shampoo now :) YAY!

      Delete
  12. mmmm I should try the BB Creme

    Lonneke X

    lonnekeeez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only discovered just how good dry shampoo is this weekend, now I love it!!

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a lover of dry shampoo also! What would we do without it ey?

    http://tattontalks.blogspot.co.uk/ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always use Batiste Dry Shampoo, love it! xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am thinking of buying a dry shampoo for myself but I'm not so sure yet.. nice post! Very useful! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete