Friday 10 May 2013

My holiday make-up bag essentials...

So it’s that time of year again….my need for sunshine and warm temperatures has grown too strong and I have finally managed to convince my boyfriend in to booking a holiday. Now as it is fast approaching and we leave in 8 days (WOOOP), I have been thinking a lot about my holiday make up essentials.
 I like to keep make-up minimal when I am out in the sun so these will be my absolute essentials that will be coming along with me on holiday next week
 The first thing I have to mention is the OH SO CUTE make-up bag which was a recent pay day treat. I love the Ted Baker purses and make-up bags and this one with its cute bow, rose gold hardware and perfect size was love at first sight…even better as I got it at a bargain price in a recent House of Fraser promotion days.
 
 
 
Now I usually like to get a shellac manicure before I go away on holiday but with pennies needed to be saved this year, I decided to go down the cheaper route and picked up a couple of summer shades to take along with me for some pool side pampering! I opted for the Gelly Hi-Shine polish in Papaya by Barry M as well So Laque glossy polish in shade 04 Amande defile by Bourjois.
I do like to try and keep my base make-up minimal on holiday so will be taking with me my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in shade 20 Beige. This product offers fantastic coverage without being too heavy and doesn’t leave my skin looking cakey or overdone. Perfect for those warm evenings when I want to make a bit more of an effort.
The aim of the holiday will of course to come back with a sun kissed glow (I can but hope) but I will need a bit of help in the first instance. I will be taking my trusty Rimmel Sun shimmer Bronzer which offers a lovely buildable colour and it doesn’t leave me looking like a tangerine.
 
My eyes will be well looked after by my much loved Naked 2 palette. This is my go to eye palette with its easy neutral colours perfect for day or night. This is a fail safe product and is something I can not be without. On the mascara side of things I have been experimenting recently to try and find a new favourite and have opted to take with me my Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless and my Seventeen Doll’d Up mascara. This is a combination that I have stumbled across but has been a favourite of mine for the last month or so.
For lips I want to be sure to take products that will moisturise my lips so I will be sure to take my Carmex lip balm with SPF 15 as well as my much loved Soap & Glory Mighty Mouth moisturising lip gloss.
 
Moisturiser is a must have for me as I do suffer for dry skin so I will be taking my fabulous steam cream with me to ensure my skin is super hydrated throughout the day. I was introduced to Steam cream a couple of months ago by a fabulous make-up artist on my local Chanel counter and it has fast become my staple moisturiser. It’s all natural ingredients and light yet ultra-moisturising texture makes it perfect after a day in the sun.
Finally I will be sure to have my much loved Organix Moroccan Argan Oil with me to protect from the sun, sea and chlorine. This will not only strengthen my hair but will also give it some much needed moisturise and ensure my hair stays in tip top condition. My haire care post offering a more in depth review of this product can be found Here
What are your holiday make-up essentials?
Would you be interested in a post on my hand luggage essentials?
xxMillieMagpiexx

 

37 comments:

  1. I love that bronzer, and can I just say, that bag is so cute! x

    http://touchofcrimson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! The bronzer is fantastic and such a bargain!

      Delete
  2. such great picks. carmex lipbalm is so good! liiterally heals lips!

    I have an International 750 Follower giveaway running Check it out >>Here<<

    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Carmex lipbalm saved my lips whilst on holiday! :) Thanks for reading and the comment... I have a new blog post on the way very soon!

      Delete
  3. I have not bought the naked 2 pallette yet! What is my life! For my holiday make up bag foundation or a bb cream with a high spf it a must for my fair skin!

    http://blueeyedb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be investing in a new BB cream soon as some days I wanted something with a little less coverage. Thanks for the comment and I would highly recommend the Naked 2 palette if you can get yours hands on it :) x

      Delete
  4. Naked2 is my favourite eye palette! And I can`t live without carmex too - I have to always have it next to me:)

    Lovely blog!

    Eve
    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve...glad you like the blog. I have a new post coming soon so do keep an eye out and let me know what you think! x

      Delete
  5. I've nominated you for The Liebster Award, have a look here: www.explorethepretty.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really want the naked 2 palette lovely collection

    Nikita x

    Keekeekiwi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend the Naked 2 palette I have got so many of my friends addicted :) x

      Delete
  7. I haven't got the naked palette! I can't get it in my country..
    But really enjoyed reading this blog post and your make-up bag is just to cute!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Christina :( where is it you are from? x

      Delete
  8. carmex is always a must-have to me when i'm on holiday, dried out lips are the worst! i'm in love with that ted baker bag, i may just have to get myself one :)
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the Ted Baker make up bag... I keep taking it with me everywhere haha.

      Thanks for having a read!

      Delete
  9. Your post has made me feel very summery. I won't get on a sun holiday this year. However I can make my own summer feel on my holidays here in Ireland, by making use of great summer products!!

    beautybaggage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah have a staycation....the weather has been lovely here at the moment so get the summer products at the ready!

      Delete
  10. Cute makeup bag! I always bring my Naked2 palette when I travel, so much easier than packing individual eyeshadows!!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...its a must have! Only problem is I am hitting pan on a few of my favourite colours

      Delete
  11. the naked 2 palette is definitely in my travel make up bag!!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?
    Let me know! :-)
    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine,

      As a blogger newbie I am not sure with GFC is? Let me know and I am happy to follow :)

      Delete
  12. P.S. GFC is just a little app that people use to follow you :) you can add it by going to layout, then clicking 'add gadget', search 'members' and then add the second one that comes up. Then people can follow you! Comment on my blog to let me know if you do it and i'll follow xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Pretty sure I have it now x

      Delete
  13. I've nominated you for a Liebster!

    http://www.beautybanterblog.com/2013/06/liebster-award-x-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Ted Baker bag is too cute for words!

    http://iamlinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have tons of different colour options too... its perfect size as well! x

      Delete
  15. Really nice blog! :)

    www.brunettetrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh this all looks lovely, I love that makeup bag! Do you own the Naked 1 palette too? I'm thinking of buying the Naked 2 but I don't know if it's worth it if I've already got the 1! Just followed your blog :)
    Bethan xxx

    bethangrace95.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethan,

      Thanks for the comment and following my blog! I don't have the Naked 1 but its on my list of things to get. Without having had the Naked 1 myself I am not sure what the Naked 2 could offer you that you don't already have. I do love the Naked 2 though and the colours are just fantastic! Let me know what you decide? x x

      Delete
  17. i just have to say that this Ted Baker bag is gorgeous! Also love the nailpolishes. Found your blog through Louise's and now following you :)Would you mind checking out my blog too? :)

    Merilinzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following :) Will definitely go and check out your blog! I have just posted a review of Bioderma...have a read and let me know what you think :) x x

      Delete
  18. I want the naked palette so badly :D

    ReplyDelete