Saturday 23 March 2013

My Day to Day Hair Care Routine!!!

 
 
My day to day Hair Care routine products!
 
So this blog post offers a little insight into my day to day hair care routine and as you will see its plain, simple and super easy!!!
 
My hair is naturally fair but for the last 10 years or so, (oh god that makes me feel old) I have been having blonde highlights to brighten and lighten my hair whilst keeping it looking natural. With regards to my hair type I have fine hair but lots of it, and it can be a tad prone to greasiness. To avoid too much product build up I do try to wash my hair every 2-3 days...maybe even 4 days if I can get away with it and have a good dry shampoo on stand by!
 
Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner from the Sheer Blonde collection by John Frieda
 
 I have been using the same brand of shampoo and conditioner now for about 6 months, and that is the Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner from the Sheer Blonde Collection by John Frieda. Everyone knows it's important to look after and protect coloured hair, and these products have been great at keeping my blonde hair nice and bright as well as moisturised...what more could you want??
 
Conditioning Treatment from the Sheer Blonde collection by John Frieda
 
Once a week I like to use a more intensive conditioning treatment and have been using the Sheer Blonde Collection conditioning treatment for years. I tend to use this at the weekend when I am having a full on pamper session, and like to leave the conditioning mask on for a good 15 - 20 minutes so it can work its magic. It leaves my hair gorgeously soft and shiny and feels like a real treat for my hair... I love it!
 
Pro Voke Touch Of Silver Purple Shampoo
 
Coloured blonde hair does have a tendency to go brassy if its not well looked after and to avoid this I use a purple shampoo once a week to keep my colour looking bright. At the moment I have been trying out the Pro Voke Touch of Silver shampoo that I picked up on offer in Boots a couple of months ago. The smell of this product isn't the nicest but it really does neutralise any brassiness and leaves my blonde locks bright and shiny. This product should only be used once or twice a week (in my case once) and shouldn't be left in any longer than 4  - 5 minutes as it can leave a purpley/blue tinge to the hair if left on for too long.
 
Organix Moroccan Argan Oil
 
Now once my hair is all washed and conditioned I like to apply a couple of drops of my Organix Moroccan Argan Oil onto towel dried hair. This gives my hair a strengthening boost and also helps ease any nasty tangles.
 
Tresemme Heat Protecting Styling Spray
 
Finally I like to spray the Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray all over my hair before drying. With all of the heated styling products we use nowadays it's important to remember this step.
 
I do tend to add additional products depending on what I am doing with my hair. As I have fine hair I often like to use volumising products and would add these before or after my heat protecting spray.
 
What are your day to day hair routines? What hair care products would you recommend?
 
xxMillieMagpiexx

14 comments:

  1. I have tried the conditioning treatment and I love it! I would love if you could follow and check out my new blog it's purple--flamingo.blogspot.com
    Thank you so much xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I will be sure to check out my blog. Please do follow mine if you have chance...new blog post coming in a couple of days :) x x

      Delete
  2. I use that heat defense, it's the best one! I've been really getting into hair care recently so i loved this post :)

    http://daintydaffs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbie :) I have a new blog post coming in the next couple of days so be sure to check that out if you have time x x

      Delete
  3. I love that heat protection spray, it's my favourite

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem a popular choice :) I am currently working on a new blog post which will be up in the next couple of days. Let me know what you think and follow if you have chance :) x

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! I'd love to follow but I can't find the follow button...follow back? thanks xxx
    www.loveyou143xxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Momo,

      Thanks so much for having a read of my blog. I think the follow button is on the right hand side so if you do have chance I would love to have another followed :) I will check out your blog now and be sure to follow!

      Thanks again x x

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog and I love it =). Seems like we have similar tastes! The Moroccan Argan Oil sounds good, think I'll have to give it a try! =) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie :) please do follow me as I have lots more posts on the way. I would try the Moroccan Oil....I can not live without it now! x x

      Delete
  6. These products sound good and I've heard so many good comments about the Argan Oil. I know quite a lot of blondes who swear by Touch of Silver but I've got dark hair so never tried it myself! Great post :)

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina,
      Thanks so much for the comment :) Just had a look over on your blog and love the book reviews you have on there! x x

      Delete
  7. Great products.I used to use those when i was blonde :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having a read of my blog :) I have some more posts on the way so if you could come back and have a read that would be great x

      Delete