Monday 11 March 2013

Product Review - Organix Morrocan Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Penetrating Oil

 
Hair oil is the latest must have for any beauty fanatic's hair care routine and Moroccan Oil has had rave reviews in recent months.
 
 
 
 
I am sucker for any new product and I was excited to try this out for myself. Having looked into it in a bit more detail the original Moroccan oil was a tad on the expensive side so I decided to invest in the more purse friendly Organix range from Boots (Also can be found in supermarkets and other high street beauty stores). As always Boots had a deal on so I opted to pick up the Shampoo, Conditioner and Moroccan hair oil to properly give this hair oil craze a go. The Shampoo and Conditioner were on a buy one get one free offer however they retail normally for about £6.99. The oil was £6.99 but its obvious from using this that a little goes a long way!
 
I have to say I was very excited to use the shampoo and conditioner and with promises of restored shine and softness whilst strengthening the hair I was hoping for great things. Unfortunately  that wasn't the case and these products sadly didn't live up to the hype.
 
When using the shampoo I imagined a luxurious product but this felt very harsh on my hair and felt as if it was stripping it of moisturise rather than leaving it nourished and soft. The conditioner didn't fair much better with an odd smell and consistency it wasn't a pleasant experience to use this! Not wanting to give up too quickly I carried on with the products for a good couple of weeks but I just didn't get on with these.
 
The oil however is a completely different story and is something that has become a regular feature in my haircare routine. I run one to two drops of this oil through towel dried hair and have already noticed how shiny and strong my hair looks. You do have to be careful with how much oil you use as too much can make your hair feel heavy and appear greasy...definitely not the desired effect! After a bit of trial and error I have found a couple of drops run through the bottom of my hair is perfect but this could of course differ with other hair types.
 
Its safe to say I won't be using the shampoo and conditioner again and think it will be finding a new home with friends or relatives soon.  The oil however is here to stay and I am looking forward to working my way through this cute little  bottle.
 
Have any of you used these before? If so what did you think?
 
xxMillieMagpiexx

3 comments:

  1. I like this oil too! but with my fine hair, i have to keep the amount down to a minimum otherwise my hair goes all greasy and yucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this shampoo and conditioner its my holy grail! Haven't tried the treatment yet, dying to though.

    theprophecyofloveliness.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shampoo and conditioner, its absolutely amazing and makes my hair feel incredible!
    Would you mind following my blog if you have time?xx

    thatvintagewardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete